Monday, August 24, 2009

What do you do when you cannot help

Say the Serenity Prayer.

God grant me the Serenity
to accept the things I cannot change
the courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference.

What a wonderful, poignant, simple prayer.

Give me peace.
Give me acceptance
Give me courage
Give me clarity

That is what each of those lines makes me think of. Giving me peace, to settle down, not start the rapid "merry-go-round" thinking that occurs when I find myself in a stressful situation. Give me peace to not react and just "be" so I can figure things out.
Give me acceptance of the lack of control I have in reality over people places and things
Give me courage to change myself, or my mind, or my physical location in order to obtain peace.
Give me clarity and humility to know exactly where I fit in this puzzle of life. That I am but a single peace responsible for only myself.

I could talk about that prayer and its significance in my life in every blog every day. Because it is the most used tool in my kit to get through the day without crying or going manic..

I pray that I God's will be done in all things.. Because my will, as fun as it may seem, is certainly not in the best interest of the rest of the folks in this world.

Serene sleep here I come.

Good night

1 comment: